Director of Strategic Partnerships
Who we are:
We know you want a phenomenal career. We know you want a career with growth opportunities, work/life flexibility, and great benefits. We also know you want to care about what you do; you want to make a difference in people’s lives through your day-to-day work.
At Nexstar Network, we believe that phenomenal career is possible. We’re a member-owned organization devoted to providing leadership and business coaching and training to residential service companies across the U.S., Canada, and beyond. That’s right: since 1992, we’ve been working with owners of plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical businesses to help them grow to their fullest potential.
We’ll help you grow to your fullest potential, too. Imagine coming to work for a company that offers a flexible “two days in-office, three-days at home” schedule for most positions at headquarters, because both in-person collaboration and flexibility are important. Imagine being able to casually walk into your CEO’s office to share an idea you’d like to try. Imagine knowing your voice matters at work, and you’re supported in your role by others who love to serve.
Are you imagining it? Good. We’re waiting to meet you at Nexstar.
What we Offer
- Base salary plus commission with performance bonus potential
Competitive benefits package that includes company paid health, dental, vision, basic life insurance and disability coverage.
401(k) safe harbor plan with a 3% company contribution
Generous PTO plan
Home service reimbursement
Gym Membership and cell phone reimbursement
The Big Task
The Director of Strategic Partnerships is responsible for leveraging the collective buying power of the Nexstar membership and creating optimal strategic partnerships to help members grow their business and earn rebates to offset dues and training.
- Professionally represent and promote Nexstar to our membership, prospective members, Strategic Partners and prospective partners.
- Strategic planning to ensure SP Program growth today and in the future.
- Stay informed of industry trends, seeking new and innovative opportunities as appropriate.
- Ensure the development and execution of an effective marketing plan.
- Effective Staffing.
- Initiate and develop win-win-win Strategic Partnerships, negotiating key contracts
- Departmental budgets and goals, plus staff measurable accountabilities.
- Ensure quality service for member relations as well as mediate escalated issues between individual members and vendors.
- Engage Strategic Partners for sponsorships and partnerships with Explore The Trades, a nonprofit.
- Utilize technology to constantly improve efficiencies and communication with members.
Skills and Experience
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years-experience in developing vendor relationships and negotiating contract
5 years customer relations experience
Previous experience leading a team.
Qualified candidates will have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
Education and Experience
Qualified candidate will have an Associates degree in related area. Bachelors degree a plus.
Industry supplier connections a plus.
- Up tp 25%
- Prolonged sitting at a desk
- Lift up to 15lbs
Learn more about us
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job -- then this may be the job for you! You will work in a place where you will be appreciated and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the Nexstar Network. Visit our site at Nexstar Network to learn more about our organization.
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment drug test and background check. Nexstar Network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Nexstar Network complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.