Who we are
We know you want a phenomenal career. We know you want a career with growth opportunities, work/life flexibility, and great benefits. We also know you want to care about what you do; you want to make a difference in people’s lives through your day-to-day work.
At Nexstar Network, we believe that phenomenal career is possible. We’re a member-owned organization devoted to providing leadership and business coaching and training to residential service companies across the U.S., Canada, and beyond. That’s right: since 1992, we’ve been working with owners of plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical businesses to help them grow to their fullest potential.
We’ll help you grow to your fullest potential, too. Imagine coming to work for a company that offers a flexible “two days in-office, three-days at home” schedule for most positions at headquarters, because both in-person collaboration and flexibility are important. Imagine being able to casually walk into your CEO’s office to share an idea you’d like to try. Imagine knowing your voice matters at work, and you’re supported in your role by others who love to serve.
Are you imagining it? Good. We’re waiting to meet you at Nexstar.
What we offer
Base salary with performance bonus potential
Competitive benefits package that includes company paid health, dental, vision, basic life insurance and disability coverage.
401(k) safe harbor plan with a 3% company contribution
Generous PTO plan
Home service reimbursement
Gym Membership and cell phone reimbursement
We care about our team and expect you bring that same caring when you join.
- Cash Receipts: Post all daily cash receipts to member accounts and General Ledger
- Cash Disbursements: Process all checks for payment of Accounts Payable and expenses
- Accounts Payable/Purchasing:
- Process, enter invoices for purchases/expenses, match with Purchase Orders/Expense Requisition and obtain approval where necessary
- Review invoices for accuracy
- Research and track costs by employee where necessary
- Accounts Receivable/Sales
- Prepare and post all invoices for annual dues, training, and other member services
- Assist members with questions on their accounts
- Process monthly invoices and statements for members
- Set up all new members, process all dropped members
- Maintain Accounts Receivable Aging and maintain AR over 90 days below 5 percent
- Make collection calls when necessary
- General Ledger/Month End Close
- Reconcile Unearned and Prepaid balances
- Reconcile event registration and rosters
- Process Revenue recognition for dues and events
- Prepare all necessary month-end General Journal entries
- Run hard copies for month-end closing file
- A/R Aging
- A/P Aging
- General Journal
- Sales/Invoice Register
- Cash Receipts Journal
- Cash Disbursements Journal
- Unearned revenue report
- Special projects as determined by management
Skills and Experience
- Attention to detail, high level of data entry accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Ability to calculate discounts, ability to trace transactions through ERP
- Associates or bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience working with AP/AR, 1-2 years of experience working with complex transactions, some general ledger experience helpful
This position requires you to sit at a desk for a prolonged period of time
Learn more about us
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job -- then this may be the job for you! You will work in a place where you will be appreciated and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the Nexstar Network. Visit our site at Nexstar Network to learn more about our organization.
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment drug test and background check. Nexstar Network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Nexstar Network complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities