NexTech Academy - Academy Content Developer
NexTech Academy - Academy Content Developer
Who we are
We know you want a phenomenal career. We know you want a career with growth opportunities, work/life flexibility, and great benefits. We also know you want to care about what you do; you want to make a difference in people’s lives through your day-to-day work.
At Nexstar Network, we believe that a phenomenal career is possible. We’re a member-owned organization devoted to providing leadership and coaching and training to residential service companies across the U.S., Canada, and beyond. That’s right: since 1992, we’ve been working with owners of plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical businesses to help them grow to their fullest potential.
We’ll help you grow to your fullest potential, too. Imagine coming to work for a company that offers both in-person collaboration and remote work flexibility because we know both are important. Imagine being able to casually walk into your CEO’s office to share an idea you’d like to try. Imagine knowing your voice matters at work, and you’re supported in your role by others who love to serve.
Are you imagining it? Good. We’re waiting to meet you at Nexstar.
What we offer
- Base salary with performance bonus potential.
- Competitive benefits package that includes 100% paid health, dental, vision, basic life insurance, and disability coverage.
- 401(k) safe harbor plan with a 3% company contribution.
- Generous PTO plan.
- Home service reimbursement.
- Gym Membership and cell phone reimbursement.
- Paid community service day.
Content Developer Key Tasks
- Work with NexTech Product Manager, Director, LMS Administrator and Coach roles to assemble new/updated content priorities and execute a development plan
- Create content using Articulate 360 suite and ensure optimal user experience in the Absorb LMS environment
- Update and edit HTML 5 content as required
- Review student/training leader feedback to identify user experience concerns and prioritize enhancement opportunities
- Formulate a content development cycle that ensures new/enhanced content is being released every 12-18 months
- Research content areas consistent with existing curriculum to enhance and improve curriculum breadth and scope. Workshop ideas to determine approved scope additions with NexTech Product Manager and Director roles.
- Conduct detailed voice-of-customer (VOC) analysis to continually improve the user experience and correct content errors
- Partner with NexTech coach roles to learn about existing content gaps and prioritize content needed to close them
- Research and identify additional subject matter experts outside of Nexstar that can support new content development needs via partnership agreements
- Create a consistent “Content Development Design Process” as a basis for vetting ideas, connecting content to Member needs, improving content quality and improving user experience
- Research and identify additional content development technologies to leverage as part of the ongoing evolution of tools, techniques and processes
- Engage Articulate 360 design community to identify and use best practices in content creation and design
- Ensure all content design objectives are met for each fiscal year
Content Developer Skills, Attributes & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience developing content for a Learning Management System (LMS)
- 3+ years’ experience using Articulate 360 suite for creating engaging content
- 3+ years’ experience working with subject matter experts to develop a content creation plan and execute new content creation
- 3+ years’ experience working within a development cycle framework consisting of needs analysis, user feedback, capabilities assessment and content development processes
- 5+ years with MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with a process-minded orientation
- Ability to professionally communicate with a wide range of personality types and communication styles verbally, in writing and in person
- Customer-focused attitude and a servant heart
- Proactive problem-solver with ability to see problems quickly and provide prompt, effective solutions that build upon existing best practices
- User-experience focused design bias with emphasis on ease of use and consistent structure
Highly Desirable Skills:
- 5+ years in a skilled trade supporting development of apprentices, new training materials and managing skill development inside a structured program
- Bachelor’s degree
- Associate degree + minimum 5 years’ experience creating content using Articulate 360 or similar creation tools
- Up to 20%
- This position requires you to sit at a desk for a prolonged period.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
Learn more about us
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job -- then this may be the job for you! You will work in a place where you will be appreciated and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the Nexstar Network. Visit our site at Nexstar Network to learn more about our organization.
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment drug test and background check. Nexstar Network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Nexstar Network complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.